Saturday 10 January 2015

Aloo Tikki Chaat/Potato Cutlet Chaat

Chaat foods are my weakness  and i can survive for many days with chaat foods. All chaat foods are my favourite, i can have them even at midnite but unfortunately we dont get chaat foods here easily. Chaat foods are only available at home if i make them myself else its definitely a hard task to get them from stores, yes we dont have chaat food stalls here. If we crave for some chaat foods i'll make myself everything from scratch at home. Earlier my H wasnt a fan of this fingerlicking foods but now after having couple of homemade chaat foods, he became an ardent fan of this street foods. Needless to say Chaat foods are royal feast for us eventhough i try to make quite often at home.


For the first day of this second week of blogging marathon, i picked chaat special as theme. When i saw chaat special as one among the themes i picked immediately without any second thought.My today's chaat special is this fabulous aloo tikki chaat, an easy breezy aloo tikki topped with chopped onions along with both sweet and green chutney with sev makes this delicious chaat food. This aloo tikki chaat is quite easier when compared to other chaat foods if you have everything at home. As aloo tikkis can be prepared very easily at home, you can have this tikki chaat happily at anytime of the day.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#48.


Aloo Tikki:
4nos Potatoes (pressure cooked)
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/4tsp Cumin powder
2nos Green chillies(chopped)
Salt
2tbsp Bread crumbs
Oil for shallow frying

Mash the cooked potatoes, add in the garam masala powder, chopped green chillies, cumin powder, bread crumbs, salt and mix well.

Make small sized tikkis from the mixture.

Heat enough oil in a pan, shallow fry the tikkis until they turns golden brown.

For making chaat:
Aloo tikki
Green chutney & Sweet Chutney
Sev (as per need)
1no Onion (chopped)
Few coriander leaves (chopped)

While serving, arrange two  patties in a plate.

Pour green chutney and sweet chutney as per need.

Now add enough finely chopped onions,chopped coriander leaves and top it with enough sev.

Serve immediately.

17 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Chaats are my favourite too and this bowl is tempting me..looks so good.

Harini R said...

Cannot have enough of these cuties..

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Aloo tikki chaat is one of the first chaat item that I was exposed to as a kid. Brought back memories from my childhood. Looks so delicious Priya! I wish I lived near you...will not miss going to a chaat store :)

Varada's Kitchen said...

Lovely presentation. So tempted to make these.

Chef Mireille said...

wonderful how something as simple as potato can look so festive

Suja Ramkumar said...

Super tempting chat!!!

Sneha's Recipe said...

Looking at these yummy aloo tikki tempted to go and have some at a chaat counter.

Srividhya said...

Perfect combo with tea. Great clicks

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Absolutely delicious looking aloo tikki chaat,very well done Priya..

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Morning 8 am checking chaat posts, now I want this for breakfast!! This is droolicious!!!

Srivalli said...

Aloo tikkis chat is looking out of the world Priya...so nicely it's has turned out!

cookingwithsapana said...

Wow wow chaat looks so tempting .

Suma Gandlur said...

Tempting and yummy chaat.

Archana said...

I want it alll............ I love it.

Unknown said...

Chaats are my all time favorite...This looks downright Yum!!!

Padmajha said...

Such a tempting Chaat!!!

Pavani said...

Oh my goodness, that aloo tikki chaat looks amazing.