Sunday 18 February 2018

Garam Masala Popcorn

A cup of popcorn kernels were sitting in my pantry since a long, obviously when i picked 'just three ingredients' as theme for this week's blogging marathon, the first dish came to my mind is some spicy Indian flavored popcorns with those kernels. And instead of spicing them with chilly powder or just with salt, i opted for garam masala. Easy to make, you need a pressure cooker or else a heavy bottomed pan to prepare easily this dangerously addictive popcorns.

Garam masala popcorn


Very easy to prepare, trust me you can prepare your own dose of flavored popcorns quickly with simple steps at home. No moden gadgets is needed to get pop up those popcorn kernels for your evening snacks. Since i want to make some garam masala flavored butter popcorns, i opted for salted butter. If you dont want buttered popcorns, just use oil instead of butter. Prepare this Indian flavored butter popcorns and enjoy them without any fuss.

Garam masala buttered popcorn

1/4cup Popcorn kernels
1/2tsp Garam masala
50grams Salted butter

Take the butter in a pressure cooker, remove the gasket from the lid.

Once the butter gets melts, add the popcorn kernels and stir for few minutes.

Now add the garam masala, stir until the popcorn kernels gets well coated with garam masala.

Close the pressure cooker with the lid, put the flame to low.

Spiced Masala popcorn, Garam masala popcorn

Once the popcorns stops popping, open the lid and transfer the popcorns immediately to a large bowl.

Start munching them.

If you want to add some salt, please add salt while adding garam masala.

BMLogo

10 comments:

Usha said...

Seasoning popcorn with garam masala must have tasted wonderful. Good one for this theme.

Suja Ram said...

Popcorn is one of the best healthy Snacks to munch on..yours looks tempting. Lovely pics Priya.

Srivalli said...

This is a good one Priya, so easy to make and with Indian flavours it must have tasted awesome!..

Harini R said...

good one. My older one makes chaat masala popcorn most of the time. I should ask her to change it to garam masala next time.

Mayuri Patel said...

Next time my simple popped popcorns are going to be sprinkles with garam masala... good idea.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

I just recently started popping my my own corn and they are so easy right! They taste so much better than the store bought ones. love the garam masala addition. My husband likes the savory popcorn.

cookingwithsapana said...

The garam masala flavors must have tasted amazing in popcorns. Will try next time I pop my corns.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

who would say no to these all time favorite snack!! we love popcorns of all flavors, this garam masala ones too look delicious!

Chef Mireille said...

I just finished updating an old post on a spiced popcorn recipe I have. Your version must be just as awesomely delciious!

code2cook said...

This is absolutely great idea. A new seasoning in terms of garam masala. Liked the idea.