Saturday 3 February 2018

Lychee Pannacotta

Pannacotta is one of the light,creamy dessert to relish after a meal. Its an Italian dessert which calls for cream, gelatin. Sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded makes this luscious dessert 'Pannacotta'. Though gelatin is a must in this dessert, you can replace gelatin with agar-agar/chinagrass. Chinagrass is a vegetarian version of gelatin which is often used in many Asian cuisine. My today's dessert is a gluten free,stylish Italian dessert which is simply flavored with freshly squeezed lychee juice and lychee chunks in it.

Lychee Pannacotta with Agar Agar


Once served chilled, this lychee pannacotta tastes absolutely delicious to finish your meal with a fruity touch. Easy to prepare, you can prepare pannacotta with any sort of flavorings or fruits depending upon your mood. I have already tried couple of pannacottas with different fruits and flavorings, however lychee pannacotta was in my to do list since a while. Finally i dished out them last weekend for this week's theme. Yes am running this week's blogging marathon with 'Gluten free Desserts'.

Lychee Pannacotta

1+1/2cup Low fat cream
1cup Lychee juice (freshly squeezed)
1/4cup Sugar
1tbsp Agar agar powder
1/4cup Lychee (chopped as small pieces)

Heat together cream and sugar in a vessel, whisk everything well until the sugar gets well dissolved.

Immediately add the agar agar powder to the cream mixture,mix well and put off the stove.

Now add the lychee juice, lychee pieces, mix everything well and pour this mixture in ramekins or small moulds, keep aside until the mixture gets cool.

Lychee Pannacotta, Pannacotta with Lychee

Cover them with aluminium foil and arrange in fridge atleast for an hour.

Serve chilled after a meal.
BMLogo

31 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

The lychee panacotta with fresh lychees must have tasted awesome, it looks very inviting..and lychee is one of my favorite flavors.

Srivalli said...

Looks so inviting and good Priya, that's a wonderful choice for the theme. Though I have tasted lycees, we don't get it often here, the panacotta must have tasted too good!

Jayashree said...

I really wish I could get some lychees now. It is one of my favorite fruits and I am sure this pannacotta must have tasted absolutely great.

Sandhiya said...

I love lychee like anything, so i'm sure that i would love this panacotta. It looks so delicious & creamy, bookmarked to try.

Harini R said...

Very tempting and unique choice of fruit. I have not yet tried out pannacotta yet. It sounds very easy to attempt but yet some hesitation on my part.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

The pannacotta looks so creamy and I am looking forward to tasting how it will be with lychee. That's a nice a different pick of fruit for this amazing dessert!

code2cook said...

I wish if I can have these glasses of panncotta, looking absolutely delicious, clicks are beautiful. I bookmarked this recipe will try with agar agar.

cookingwithsapana said...

Lychee pannacotta looks absolutely tempting. Love the lychee on top.

Sujata Roy said...

Lychee is one of my favourite fruit. This lychee pannacotta looks so tempting. Thanks for the easy recipe.

Unknown said...

Priya, I am a huge fan of pannacottas and this lychee pannacotta sounds so yummy!

Freda said...

I love Lychees, and this lychee pannacotta must have tasted delicious! Looks fabulous :)

Sharmila kingsly said...

Yum yum.. Apt for this season.. Loving it!!

Nivedita Thadani said...

Lychee fruit itself brings the sweetness and freshness. Panacotta looks very interesting.

Pavani said...

WOW, this is such an exotic sounding dessert Priya. It must have tasted amazing with lychee.

Hayley said...

Definitely, my kind of dessert which is perfect for warmer days, so easy to prepare and great flavours!

Unknown said...

Lychees taste great in desserts...This one looks inviting...Love the way you have served in those beautiful kulhars

Archana said...

This must have tasted fabulous. Will try making it. Sounds easy n within my skill set.

Priya Satheesh said...

Truly divine ! I love lychees and it makes a delicious desserts. Feel like tasting this now :)

Avin said...

Panacotta is sonsimplentoake but I have yet to try my hands on it. Beautiful pics dear😚

Uma Srinivas said...

Looks creamy and delicious. Lychees are very well goes with dessert.

Rafeeda AR said...

Lychee panacotta sounds very exotic, especially since you have used everything fresh...

sujitha said...

Panacottas are kids my kids favourite dish.. Lychee pannacotas with fresh lychees sounds delicious..

Sasmita said...

Lychee is one f my fav fruit. And this panacotta looks so delicious

Sonal said...

i am super excited to see this recipe. luchee panacotta sounds so summerish and cooling. AMAZING <3

jayashree said...

This dessert looks so delicious, do need to try when I have lychee here.

Jyoti Babel said...

I love Lychee. This panacotta is looking seriously inviting

mildly indian said...

These look so beautiful. the fresh lychee must be so amazing

Vidya Narayan said...

Brilliant photography and it just makes me wanna get up and grab a glass of that silky delight i.e. Panacotta. Addition of lychees are excellent. I am planning to make a mango one soon since alphonso would be in season here in Mumbai. I love subtle flavoured desserts, this certainly is my kinda dessert option.

Lathiya said...

Lychee panacotta sounds and looks delicious..I can't wait to give it a try

code2cook said...

whenever I see pannacotta I get so tempted to make one. Have not seen agar agar. But definitely going to try this summer. Lychee are my favorite fruit in summer.

Unknown said...

Lychee is one of my favorite fruit and your recipe looks so tempting and flavourful. I haven't tried pannacotta yet,but will try soon