Tuesday 12 December 2017

Vegetable Cheese Galette

Galette, its a French name for round pastries, the crust of the galette can be either puff pastry sheet or else the buttery pie crust. Usually prepared with sweet filling, Galette can be prepared with a savory filling as well. Galette calls for simple pie crust and the crust can be prepared very much easily with simple ingredients. I usually prepare this pie crust at home, but this time i went with store bought pie crust as a packet of the pie crust was sitting in my fridge. Trust me this galette is super easy to bake, filled with lovely medley of colourful vegetables, this fantastic galette is definitely a healthy dish to fill some hungry tummies.

Cheese Vegetable Galette


We had this galette for our lunch served along with salads,and this galette rocks. However this galette is completely eggless but loaded with cheese. Sounds almost like quiche or pizza, this galette doesnt call for cream or else for pizza sauce, apart from it you can add any sort of vegetables to make this ultimate galette. However cheese is completely optional, but i have cheese lovers at home, obviously i couldnt stop myself to add cheese on the top of the sauteed vegetables to bake this fantastic galette.

Vegetable Cheese Galette, Cheesy vegetable Galette

1 Pie crust (storebought/homemade)
3cups Mixed Vegetables (chopped)
1 Onion (big & chopped)
2tsp Olive oil
1/2tsp Pepper powder
Salt
1+1/2cups Grated cheese

Heat the olive oil, sauté the onions until they turns transculent. Add the mixed vegetables ,salt, pepper powder and saute until the vegetables gets half cooked.

Put off the stove and let the vegetables gets cool completely.

Line a baking tray with a baking sheet, transfer the pie crust to the baking tray.

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Drop the sauteed vegetable on the pie crust. Top it generously with the grated cheese.

Eggless Cheese Vegetable Galette

Fold the edges of the crust over the sauteed vegetables. Take care not to cover the vegetables completely.

Bake for 25-30minutes until the crust turns brown.

This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2017

8 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

I like the idea of a savoury galette and that cheese on top ! Wow ! Gives it a beautiful flavour and texture as well . What a super delicious lunch .

Srivalli said...

I have been wanting to make these Galettes for a long time now..and you have it with cheese, awesome!

Ritu Tangri said...

Right now I'm not hungry at all, still this cheese loaded galette makes me drool

pankti said...

So beautifully done. looks delicious..

Rafeeda AR said...

The savory galette is an amazing idea! I always have frozen mixed vegetables in my fridge... just looking at this one tells me that it will be a hit if I make it my home...

cookingwithsapana said...

I have always wanted to make savoury galette but never tried. This one looks so tasty with all those vegetables. Bookmarked to try.

Chef Mireille said...

I would love to dig into this right now!

Pavani said...

I love galettes because they are less stressful than making a pie but equally appealing and delicious. Your cheesy vegetable version sounds amazing. Pinned!!