Sunday 26 November 2017

Coriander,Cumin & Fennel Seeds Tea

Spices have numerous medicinal value,hence they are very much used in Indian cuisine. If you have sore throat, digestion problem, cold etc Indian grandmas have their own home remedies which gets ready easily at home. We, Indians have been pampered for years with this homemade remedies passed by our own grandmas to our mothers and later on to us. I have already learned couple of home remedies from my both grandmas & my mom. Though few remedies are quite new for me,this blog world will definitely helps us to replicate them at home.

Cumin, coriander and fennel seed tea
My today's post is definitely an excellent remedy for digestion problem, i got this tea from Harini's Tamalapaku which i bookmarked long back. And this tea became one of my favourite drink since i tried it at home. Even my daughter loves this drink very much.  Very easy to prepare this tea will helps a lot when your stomach is upset and excellent for weight loss as well. I love to drink this tea flavored with lemon and sweetened with honey, however both lemon and honey is completely optional. Am running this week's blogging marathon with Bookmarked recipes as theme, hence am posting this ultimate tea.

Coriander,cumin &fennel seeds tea

1tsp Coriander seeds
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Fennel seeds
Lemon juice (as per need)
Honey

Crush the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.

Bring boil two cups of water and add the crushed seeds to it.

Put the flame in simmer until the water gets reduced to a cup.

Cumin, fennel & coriander seed tea

Strain the tea, add the lemon juice, honey.

Drink warm or at room temperature.

12 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Coriander is totally new to me in tea . Cardamom of course is a total hit .

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Wow that is one flavorsome tea Priya! Perfect for cold evenings

sushma said...

Wow such a flavorful tea. Perfect for this weather.

Sharmila kingsly said...

Such a aromatic tea.. I can simply feel the lovely flavor..

Pavani said...

That tea sounds just for the chilly weather. So soothing and wonderful.

Harini R said...

Thanks for trying it out, Priya. We love such homemade herbal teas.

cookingwithsapana said...

I have started making this tea and it real sooth in cold days.

Sowmya :) said...

That sounds like such a flavorful tea...never tried coriander though!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

That is a healthy tea and I am sure would be quite refreshing. I would not be able to drink it without sweetener, so I will be using honey for sure.

Unknown said...

bookmarking... a great snack time tea for weightwatchers like me... loving it.

Chef Mireille said...

sounds so flavorful with those smoky spices

Jayashree said...

I love all the aromatic spices that you've used.