Sunday 25 March 2018

Kandi Sunnundalu/Toor Dal Laddoos

Once again am sharing Hari Chandana's dish which i seriously want to give a try. Yes my today's post is Toordal Laddoos, i know many of you might wonder how laddoos can be prepared with toor dal. Even i was as much as like you guys. But after dishing out this laddoos my vision was completely a different one. If you love moongdal laddoos, then you will definitely enjoy this laddoos. The secret behind making a prefect aromatic laddoos is to dry roast the toor dals with much care and patience. Nicely dry roasted toor dal gives a fabulous flavor and i enjoyed it while roasting.

Toordal Laddoos, Toordal Sweet balls


With just three ingredients you can dish out these cuties with less efforts. I followed the original recipe, but i couldnt stop myself adding some cardamoms to bring more flavor else this laddoos are quick to make. Jaggery is used in this laddoos, if you want to make this laddoos with sugar, just go on. Am sure sugar works as prefect as jaggery. Am running this week's blogging marathon with Festival of the Month and am posting Ugadi friendly dishes.

Kandi Sunnundalu, Toor Dal laddoos

1cup Toordal
1cup Jaggery
1/2cup Ghee
2 Cardamom pods

Dry roast the toor dal in simmer until they turns golden brown and a nice aroma comes from.

Let it cool completely and take this roasted toor dal in a mixie jar.

Grind the roasted dal,cardamom with jaggery as fine powder.

Transfer it to a mixing bowl, add gradually the melted ghee and shape them as laddoos.

Enjoy this ultimate laddoos.

If conserved properly, these laddoos stays prefect for more than a week.

Kandi Pappu Sunnundalu, Laddoos with Toordal

BMLogo

39 comments:

Usha said...

Toor laddu is new to me. I seen and tasted laddu woth other lentils but not with toor dal. Good one and have to try it. Thanks for sharing

Rafeeda AR said...

Even I never thought toor dal can be used for laddoos.... sounds very interesting...

Pavani said...

This is a totally new laddoo for me. Never tried making laddoo with toor dal — sounds very interesting. Will have to try and see how they taste.

Sharmili Kannan said...

This looks so delectable. We used to make with chana dal.

Soma Mukherjee said...

Toor dal laddoos is so new for me never tried them but by reading your lovely recipe I could feel the taste already, lovely share.

Shobha said...

I had tasted them in my friends house recently..

vaishali sabnani said...

Toor daal ladoos look stunning ! Seriously I am drooling , what a amazing texture these ladoos have . A must try .

cookwithrenu said...

Never tried toor dal laddoos, an intersting and a healthy share.

Harini R said...

Wow! that is beyond innovative!! Loved all the festival dishes, Priya.

Unknown said...

This is something interesting, a twist in the traditional sunnadalu. ladoos with toordal are my favorite after I tried your moms recipe shared on my blog. These look so yummy and addictive aks..

Hayley said...

Priya, literally my mouth is watering right now. I have never tried Toor daal ladoo. Keep a box ready for me :)

Mayuri Patel said...

I must admit when I read toor dal laddoos I said"what". After reading the recipe, it seems possible. Interesting recipe and am sure they must have tasted different as toor dal has a distinct flavor.

Unknown said...

Wow..ladoos look absolutely divine. Toot dal and jaggery combination is delicious.

Aruna said...

I saw this recipe on Hari Chandana's blog too and have been meaning to try it. Your posts strengthen's my resolve to try it soon. :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful recipe of ladoo from toor dal and jaggery.Protien packed treat perfect for kids.

Vidya Narayan said...

Absolutely loved the idea of making ladoos with tur dal. They do look delicious and I am tempted to pick one from the bowl as I love homemade ladoos..I never buy ladoos from shops! A great way to feed kids a combination of dal-jaggery-ghee. PS - Love those jimikis on the side!

JollyHomemadeRecipes said...

Toor dal laddoos look absolutely amazing and yummy flavours

Jyoti Babel said...

Your laddoos have come out so perfect. I seems to me that when done right we can make laddoo with all types of daal.

Srivalli said...

I have not made these with toor dal, very interesting!

Priya Satheesh said...

wow.. Ladoo using Toor dal ? Sounds interesting and delicious.. Awesome share sis !

Sharmila kingsly said...

What an awesome texture.. Melt in mouth ladoos..

cookingwithsapana said...

I have never ever tried ladoo with dal. I should give them a try and this toor dal one looks absolutely delicious.

sujitha said...

Toor dhal ladoo is very interesting and new to me.. healthy protein ladoos for kids..

Maria Nasir said...

I love recipes with few ingredients! These ladoos look picture perfect and quite easy to make. Delicious dessert solution! 😊

Uma Srinivas said...

I like these kind of simple and healthy sweet treat! Looks delicious 😋

mildly indian said...

Few ingredients and lovely beautiful ladoos. Should be yummmm

Lathiya said...

True.. even I was surprised reading the heading...but the ladoo looks delicious

jayashree said...

Such a healthy one, this is new to me. I need to try, it will be good to serve for children.

Sasmita said...

Completely new for me :) These ladoos look so tempting and healthy as well.

Archana said...

Delicious and healthy. Love it Priya.

Ruchi's Veg Kitchen said...

Something very new to me..Recipe sounds so easy and great. .

Avin said...

Ladoo's are so easy to make but the most loved dessert😍 lovely share👍

Suma Gandlur said...

Never tried making sunnundalu. Your laddus look mouthwatering.

sushma said...

Wow those ladoos are so tempting. Will try this for sure. Thanks for sharing

Gayathri Kumar said...

I have never tried ladoos with toor dal. They look so good and must be so full of flavour..

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

wow priya, that looks amazing, ladoos with toor dal, unimaginable!!! I bet they taste incredible!!! bookmarking this to try!

Preeti said...

Never thought and heard about toor dal laddu.. interesting.

preethi'scuisine said...

Toor dal loddoo sounds interesting. Never tried them. Bookmarking this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Good web site you have here.. It's difficult
to find high quality writing like yours nowadays.

I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!