Monday 26 May 2014

Deepfried Noodles with Soyachunks

I have hardly seen kids saying no to noodles, whenever we go to chinese restaurant my kids will definitely order their favourite plate of fried noodles with loads of veggies and prawns. Actually my lil one was asking me since a long to reproduce those crispy crunchy deepfried noodles at home.I dont want to give a try as am avoiding deepfrying at home. But i couldnt resist to my lil one's request and prepared this deepfried noodles few weeks back for our lunch. I dont pack lunch for my kids as their schools are not far away from our appartment obviously my kids will be back home everyday for their lunch. Trust me,you can still pack this deep fried noodles very well in their lunch box just by packing the deepfried noodles and soyachunks vegetable sauce apart.




Once the sauteed vegetable and soyachunks sauce added to the deepfried noodles,those noodles will turn bit soggy but still they tastes fabulous. However my trial turned out extremely prefect and my kids enjoyed thoroughly their plate of this noodles. They didnt missed their favourite prawns here and they loved soyachunks with those sauteed vegetables.Make this deep fried noodles atleast once instead of stir fried noodles to know the difference. Deepfrying noodles may bit time consuming but the dish with sauteed vegetables and soyachunks goes for a quick preparation.This post goes to this week's blogging marathon as i chosed Kid's delight-Lunch box as theme.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#40. 


300grams Wheat Noodles (dried)
Oil for deepfrying

For sauce:
2cups Mixed vegetables (sliced lengthwise)
1no Onion (sliced lengthwise)
1tsp Garlic (minced)
1tsp Ginger (minced)
1/2cup Cooked Soyachunks
3tbsp Soyasauce
1tsp Tomato ketchup
1tbsp Chilly sauce
1/2tsp White pepper powder
1tbsp Cornflour
Sesame oil
1/4tsp Sugar

Bring boil enough water and put off the stove.

Add the noodles one by one, keep aside for 5minutes, drain the water and keep aside the partially cooked noodles.

Deep fry  enough noodles to make a sufficient portion and strain the excess of oil with paper towel.

Continue the same process with the remaining noodles.

Now heat enough sesame oil, saute the onions,minced garlic and minced ginger for few seconds, add immediately the veggies, cook everything in high flame.

Meanwhile mix the soyasauce, ketchup,chilly sauce,sugar in a bowl,keep aside.

Dont over cook the veggies,let the veggies stay crunchy.

Now add the soyachunks, cook for few seconds.

Add the prepared sauce,bring it to boil.

Meanwhile mix the corn flour with half cup of water, add this mixture to cooking sauce, cook until they get thickens.

Put off the stove.

Finally sprinkle the white pepper powder.

Serve the deep fried noodles topped with enough sauce.

Enjoy warm.

20 comments:

Triveni said...

Hey Priya , this is absolutely fantastic. I can have this plate for myself :).
Sonal@simplyvegetarian777

Shobha said...

Never tried soya chunks with noodles... looks delicious.

Sanoli Ghosh said...

I am your new follower Priya akka. Irresistible noodles dish with full of veggies and soya chunks......please pass on to me......:)

Citrus Spice and Travels said...

Interesting , I never deep fry my noodles , is this to make them crunchy?

Rani Vijoo said...

Very new and easy recipe...looks yummy :-)

Unknown said...

Its new to me dear but looks so yummy..

Unknown said...

very tempting pics and a new way of preparing noodles for me... must try recipe:)

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Looks so tempting! Wonderful recipe :)

Usha said...

Nice presentation and plate is tempting. Crunchy and partially soggy noodles drenched in the sauce might have taste awesome.

Pavani said...

That is one tempting noodle dish. Love the addition of soy chunks -- looks yummy!!

Shruti J said...

I can die for this plate!!! Noodles n that too with soy chunks, a new combo for me... But when it comes to protein, I can have it for sure :)

Poornimacookbook said...

Very tempting clicks. Adding soya chunks in new to me but very interesting. Bookmarked.

cookingwithsapana said...

Very interesting recipe ! Looks so tempting...

Preetha said...

I son would die for this plate of noodles... super tempting.. and my family is a great fan of soya chunks in any form.... thanks for sharing

vaishali sabnani said...

fantastic platter ..looks tempting and interesting!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

new to me but sounds delicious.

Varada's Kitchen said...

I have never used soya chunks but those noodles looks very appetizing. Lovely color, loads of vegetables and protein. Nice.

Srivalli said...

Very interesting one Priya..many years ago we used to make a dish with fried noodles..I was only recently thinking about it and wanted to make it..your dish surely reminds me of that...

Harini R said...

Excellent plating, Priya. I am sure the kids will have a blast !

Archana said...

I dont like soya chunks but love what you have here. I am sure my kids will love it too.