Wednesday 24 May 2017

Vegan Mushroom Pesto Toast

Toast means sliced bread singed by heat is commonly eaten with butter or else with sweetened toppings like jam or jelly, however some toasts are prepared even with savory spreads. A toast can be served even as an accompaniment to many dishes like soups or stews. We love toasts for our breakfast, yes toasts is definitely a common breakfast food for many of us. Even breads like baguettes, bagels or english muffins can be toasted and enjoyed with different spreads. Actually toasting is a common method of making stale bread as more palatable. Though toasts are seriously breakfast friendly dishes, you can prepare fantastic dinner friendly toasts as well. I will be posting three different toasts for this week's blogging marathon as i picked Got a toast ready for Dinner as theme.

Vegan Mushroom pesto Toast, Pesto Mushroom Toast

My today's toast is a very simple, but yet a super filling toast to enjoy without any fuss. I have my own vegan pesto recipe which i follow everytime if i feel like dishing out something with pesto. Hence my today's toast is completely vegan, if you want to check my vegan pesto dont forget to check this post. Depending upon your favourite herbs, you can prepare pesto quickly with different nuts as well. This time i prepared the same vegan pesto with basil leaves and pine nuts. Trust me, this easy breezy toast makes a fantastic dinner. A toasted bread slice topped with pesto and sauteed mushroom makes this incredible toast. Kids will definitely enjoy this fabulous toast.

Mushroom pesto toast

1cup Chopped mushrooms
Vegan Pesto (as per need)
Bread slices
Oil (as per need)
Salt

Heat few drops of oil, sauté the chopped mushrooms with enough salt until it shrinks.

To the same pan, heat few drops of oil again and toast the bread slices until they gets well toasted.

Remove the toasted bread slices, immediately spread enough vegan pesto.

Top the bread slice now with sauteed mushrooms.

Serve warm immediately.

Vegan Pesto Mushroom Toast

BMLogo
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM.

11 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

I love pesto though I am not a great fan of mushrooms but the toast looks super cool.

Gayathri Kumar said...

These are some gorgeous toasts Priya. Absolutely yum..

Zerin said...

I can have toast any time of the day! This is surely an addition to my toast trials

Chef Mireille said...

I am not a huge mushroom fan, but some sauteed or grilled zucchini and this would be an awesome toast in my book!

Pavani said...

Love the idea of topping the toast with sauteed mushrooms and pesto. Looks super tempting.

Padmajha said...

The toast looks so inviting Priya. The kids love mushroom and will rally love this one!

Archana said...

We love mushrooms and I picked up avocado today. Will make this for our breakfast soon.

Anlet Prince - Annslittlecorner said...

This toast is interesting to me

Harini R said...

I am sure my kids will love it.

Srivalli said...

Wow Priya the way you have presented that toast looks so inviting!..very nice..

cookingwithsapana said...

Mushroom pesto toast looks super addictive.