Saturday 17 June 2017

Mango Sorbet with Smarties

Its getting too hot here in Paris. Though its not officially Summer here, weather is not far from the usual summer temperature. Nothing can beat some homemade refreshing icecreams or sorbets to relish while the weather is hot outside. My today's post is a simple sorbet prepared with fresh mango chunks and mini smarties. Definitely a kid's friendly frozen food to relish without any fuss. I just love the popular 'Gems' those chocolate toffees are my all time favourite, but i dont miss them here as we have smarties here. Smarties replace Gems very well.

Mango sorbet with smarties

Do you know, am running this week's blogging marathon with Kid's friendly Frozen foods as theme. Obviously i cant think more than preparing this super duper sorbet with mangoes and smarties. We are getting some super sweet mangoes here, obviously i grabbed a box last week and prepared this easy breey kid's friendly sorbet. Kids enjoyed thoroughly this sorbet, obviously this sorbet is our recent favourite.

Glutenfree Mango Sorbet, Smarties & Mango Sorbet

2cups Mango pieces
1/2cup Sugar
2tbsp Lemon juice
1/2cup Smarties toffee

Blend the mango and sugar, until the mixture turns as a smooth paste.

Add immediately the lemon juice and mix again.

Pour this thick mango puree in a stainless steel box and keep in freezer, after an hour stir the mango puree and add the smarties now, keep again in freezer.

Smarties & Mango Sorbet

Before serving, take out the frozen sorbet and keep in fridge for few minutes...

Serve the mango sorbet as scoops.


Enjoy.
BMLogo
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM.

10 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Kids would go ga ga over this sorbet , forget kids even I am loving it ! Beautifully made , the sorbet is tempting me right in the morning .

Archana said...

Wow looks beautiful and delicious. I think I will try making this with the pulp I have set aside.

Mayuri Patel said...

I think with the smarties on top even adults would love this sorbet :) a few days ago we were in transit in Paris and it was hot.

Srivalli said...

That sorbet looks inviting Priya..I made something similar and my kids loved it too!

Pavani said...

Easy to make mango sorbet -- just perfect for the hot summer weather.

Sharmila kingsly said...

Such a lovely colour.. Adding smarties is a wise thought!!

Srividhya said...

super duper... :-)I have a sorbet recipe coming up next month.

Chef Mireille said...

such bright colors - definitely kids will love this one!

Harini R said...

Looks attractive and I am sure kids will love it.

cookingwithsapana said...

I love the color of this delicious looking mango smarties sorbet.