Monday 12 June 2017

Vegan Rice Pudding

Rice pudding, this sweet dish is my daughter's favourite, she loves it very much. Whenever i feel like dishing out simple pudding, i will surely prepare rice pudding. And my today's recipe is a fantastic pudding which calls for easy ingredients. A can of coconut milk or freshly squeezed coconut milk, sugar and rice, these three ingredients is much needed to prepare this easy breezy vegan sweet. I simply flavoured this pudding with vanilla extract. If you want to make a rice pudding with an exotic touch, add some mango chunks or pineapple chunks depending upon your tastebuds. However my today's post is a simple and an elegant dessert to serve after a meal.

Dairy free Rice Pudding, Vegan Pudding


Served chilled or at room temperature, trust me this pudding will definitely satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. Very flavourful pudding to enjoy without any guilt. Not only vegan, this pudding is gluten free as well. Obviously a must to try, if you want to dish out a simple sweet to please your near ones.Am running this week's blogging marathon with 'Vegan Sweets' as theme, obviously this pudding is my last post which goes for this event.

Dairy free rice pudding

1cup Rice
5cups Water
2cups Thick coconut milk
1/2cup Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
1tsp Vanilla extract
Few scraped cocont

Cook the rice in simmer in water in a heavy pot, covered and stirring occasionally, until the rice turns mushy.

Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and cook in simmer.

Finally add the thick coconut milk and put off the stove.

Stir and serve at room temperature.

While serving, top the pudding with some grated coconut or kopra pieces.

Vegan Rice pudding,  dairy free pudding

BMLogo
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM.

11 comments:

Jyoti Babel said...

Looks delicious.. I have never tried pudding with coconut milk.

Srivalli said...

What a fantastic dessert Priya..looks so good..I love how creamy the coconut milk makes a dish!

vaishali sabnani said...

Since I am almost vegan , I am loving these vegan desserts . I must try this kheer, I am really fond of them.

Kalyani said...

we make a similar payasam with coconut milk for one of the festivals and am sure this tastes great too !

Sharmila kingsly said...

Delicious bowl.. One of my fav dish!!

Mayuri Patel said...

I'm sure the coconut milk must have added a different flavour to the rice pudding. Very tempting.

Archana said...

Wow, looks and sounds so delicious.

Pavani said...

Love the addition of coconut milk to this vegan rice pudding -- makes it soooo creamy and yummy!!

Srividhya said...

Love love coconut milk. It adds all that richness and creaminess to it.

Chef Mireille said...

first of all I like rice pudding in all forms and this coconutty one is definitely one I would love for sure

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Fabulous priya, aroma of vanilla and the flavor of coconut milk, must take this dish to a different level! Droolicious!